Sixty nine year- old visually impaired burnt to ashes, as fire guts residential building in Umunya

by Admin


A sixty nine year-old visually impaired man, Julius Anyadiegwu has lost his life to a fire incident that gutted his residential building in Ukunu village, Umunya, Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The fifty four year -old wife of the deceased, Blessing, said she noticed the incident when she started having difficulty in breathing in the dead of night, adding that it was one of her sons; now hospitalized, who rescued her, tried to rescue the father, before he was badly burnt.

Former Minister of Health and kinsman to the deceased, Dr. Tim Menakaya, and the traditional ruler of the community, Igwe Chris Onyekwuluje, who described the incident as shocking to the community, called for calm while Police carries comprehensive investigation to unravel issue around and about the incident.

Other members of the community who spoke to the ABS however ruled out electrical faults as according to them, Umunya has been without electric supply for long.

It was gathered that the surviving victim, Akachukwu, is receiving medical attention at a hospital in Umudioka.

You may also like

1 comment

Eruchalu Ethel December 3, 2021 - 9:36 pm

A very unfortunate incidence.We pray that such fire incidence never ever meet any family. And may d Soul of Mr Julius Anyadiegwu Rest In Peace


Leave a Comment