The Anambra State Executive Council has dissolved a number of boards and Governing Councils of a long list of Agencies.
This was contained in a press briefing by the State Commissioner for Information Sir Paul Nwosu, this was shortly after the Weekly State Executive Council Meeting which held on Monday 1st of August 2022 at the Exco Chamber of the State Government House in Awka.
The affected boards are as follows;
DISSOLUTION OF BOARDS AND GOVERNING COUNCILS
For better clarification of the earlier statement released, the Boards and Governing Councils of the following specific Commissions, Councils and Boards have been dissolved with immediate effect. New ones will be reconstituted in due course.
1. Local Government Service Commission
State Civil Service Commission
2. Local Government Staff Pension Board
3. Awka Capital Territory Development Authority (ACTDA)
4. Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA)
5. Anambra State Small Business Agency (ASSBA)
6. Anambra State Primary Health Care Development Agency (ASPHCDA)
7. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Teaching Hospital
8. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Governing Council
9. Nwafor Orizu College of Education Governing Council
Anambra State Polytechnic Mgbakwu
10. Anambra State College of Health Technology, Obosi
11. Anambra State Emergency Management Agency, (ANSEMA)
12. Anambra State Sports Development Commission (ANSSDC)
13. The State Boundary Commission
14. Anambra State Pilgrims Board
15. Operation Clean and Healthy Anambra (OCHA)
16. Anambra State Insurance Agency (ASHIA)
17. Anambra State Clean Drainage and Forest Preservation Agency
18. Leisure Parks and Street Beautification Agency
19. Anambra Road Maintenance Agency
Hydrafoam Concrete Block Agency
20. Anambra State Road Traffic Management Agency (ARTMA)
21. Anambra State Fisheries and Aquaculture Business Development Agency
22. Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS)
23. Anambra State Library Board
24. Adult & Non-Formal Education Agency
25. Anambra State Action Committee on AIDS (ANSACA)
26. Anambra State Housing Development Corporation
27. Anambra State Bureau of Public Procurement.
According to the Commissioner The Boards Boards will be reconstituted in due time but will pass through due process with the aim of getting capable hands to man the various government agencies in line with the Governor’s vision of making Anambra a livable and prosperous homeland.